I bought several of Frank Edwards’s books on UFOs and other subjects. Near the end of his short life he was following the model of Hix and MacHarrie and Nesbitt, producing a set of books and short radio features on historical and scientific oddities, well beyond UFOs.
All of these ‘Fortean’ writers were presenting known and observed FACTS that don’t fit the official THEORIES of historians and scientists. They were strengthening the resolve and the moral compass of non-Experts.
Edwards was a GREAT writer. Each book grabs you on the first page and doesn’t let you put it down. Edwards understood people deeply and empathetically, but didn’t understand technology quite deeply enough. He drew some tech conclusions that don’t work well.
Coral Lorenzen was the other way around. She was an introvert with less experience of human strategies, but she had a tremendous capacity for technical patterns and details. Some of her conclusions about human motivations don’t work well.
Most importantly, the ‘Forteans’ understood that non-Experts have MONEY, which modern writers have forgotten. Edwards sold millions of books, and his radio features reached millions of listeners.
Edwards’s UFO book starts with ancient stories. Ezekiel is the most famous, but similar accounts are found in India and China and the Americas.
Previously I was betting that the ‘standard UFO’ was simply an experimental surveillance tool developed after WW2. The pattern of secrecy and censorship pointed in that direction. I didn’t see any reason to assume origin from another planet, and I still don’t. After reading those parallel OLD descriptions, I have to bet on a more complex earthly origin story.
= = = = =
Just for fun, let’s take several of the observed facts I’ve been discussing lately and apply them to the long observations of UFOs.
1. Start with the interlocking facts about secrecy. Privacy is natural inside a guild or tribe, thus secrets are easy to keep forever within a guild. Secrets don’t want to leak.
2. Add the facts about tech history. Invention and life and language are NOT LINEAR. Technology and skills develop suddenly, then die out unless carefully maintained by a guild.
3. Add the perpetual observations of the ‘standard UFO’. It has a few basic ingredients that imply a massless charge vortex or wave knot, capable of assuming the external qualities of a solid object when necessary.
4. Add the perpetual observations of a hidden tribe of small people or angels with wings who are not quite material, capable of assuming quasi-material form.
5. Add the Booker T / mouse rule. When you’re the low-status mouse, you need to be very quiet and very smart. Live inside the walls, find your niche and stay there.
= = = = =
Sum: An ancient tribe of small humanoids developed tremendous technical ability based on the correct assumption that everything is patterns of energy. They never bought Epicurean atomism and chaotism. They know how to appear solid and massive as seen by our senses and tools, and they can turn off the stageplay just as quickly. We don’t know where they are because waves don’t have a where.
This ancient winged tribe realized that the big wingless tribes enjoy obeying the demonic will of evil psychopaths. The big tribes constantly slaughter each other, and the demons often slaughter their own tribe for fun and profit. We’re seeing the latter tendency right now in the broadest and most vicious form in all of history.
Occasionally, when the big warlike humanoids are getting especially nasty, the ancient little angel-tricksters wander around in their invulnerable fast-dancing fast-disappearing aircraft to see what we’re planning. They have no hope of fixing the big humanoids, but they may be doing some ‘wiggle and watch’, popping out in interesting places and ways to measure our responses.
When they appear over non-psychopathic areas or guilds, nothing much happens.
= = = = =
When they appear near one of the demon-owned areas, their ship is pursued and shot.
= = = = =
The shooting doesn’t matter (or isn’t matter) because the angel-tricksters are only appearing as matter; but the shooting gives them a measure of the demonic power at this particular time and place.